There are about a millions things that can be done and continuously tweaked to achieve a good ROI on your SEO spend. Just measuring ROI of SEO is an art within itself so you could easily be led down the garden path and lose your shirt very quickly.
Here I have put together 5 things that you can do yourself that can deliver big results if not already in place and also it can deliver a boost just from reviewing where you are currently at with the SEO process.
- Have you put in alt tags for every image? Don’t just insert the title of the page or post either. You need to make the alt tag a description of the image, and maybe your brand name. The reason: it will help when people search for an image. So when they search for an image of a chair and there is your post image within alt tag of “red chair OnSwitch digital”.
- The old chestnut of Title Tags. Take note of what you want to rank for within the search engines. Then using that list review the title tags within your site. Do your titles address the keywords you made a list of?
- Is your domain name targeting your keywords or your brand? Will you use the domain name to be the focal point of a brand campaign, ie get your name out there and be found easily and quickly from a brand name search? Or are you just trying to rank for some keywords that can deliver sales, leads etc etc? Make the decision and stick to it.
- Do you have a dynamic sitemap? Does your site automatically create and update your sitemap, then when there is a change does it get published to the search engine?
- And finally what about your content? Content is king and if you search that phrase alone you will get 338 000 000 results. You need well written, authoritative content that is not written for a search engine, like we did in the past, but written to inform and educate people about what you offer and what level of expertise you display within your field.